Having knowledge about business tactics is extremely valuable in today’s industry. Obtaining a business degree is one of the best decisions anyone can make, as it gives them the option for a versatile career. Someone with business knowledge and experience can work as a manager in retail or the food industry, or they could end as a CEO. The options are endless. For those who chose a different route, there are still options to pursue the path of business.
Project management skills are absolutely necessary for anyone in the business realm. Obtaining these skills will not only enhance your resume, but provide you with task completion efficiency, team organization, and strategy with completing projects. Project management classes online offer easy and convenient ways for anyone to gain a step up in the business world from the comfort of their own home, and at their new place. The question is, where does one begin when searching for courses and programs? This article will break all of this down for you in a simple to read guide.
Where Do I Start?
There are many available courses to consider when beginning project management classes online. One may find themselves overwhelmed with the choices and unsure where to begin. Before blindly diving into the courses and wasting time and money, it would be wise to come up with a game plan. Ask yourself the following questions and notice what comes to mind: Why are you now looking into Project management classes online? How much time and money are you willing to devote to this new or continuing education? What is your career goal?
Some may be taking these courses to keep information fresh in their mind, as they are already in the business industry, or maybe they are searching for new courses to expand their business tactics. Others may be trying to dip their toes into the business realm, unsure if they want to commit to a full degree. Yet another type of person who may be interested in online management courses is someone who has no desire to return back to school but would like some credentials to add to their resume as they attempt to gain employment in the management world.
It’s important first to take a look at what you want to get out of these courses, or else you will be wasting your time and money. I recommend taking the time to answer these questions and jotting the answers down on a notepad so that your goals are clear throughout this process.
Now that you have solid reasoning for taking project management classes online, let’s talk about the courses that are available. To learn more about courses offered, check out masterofproject.com. You’ll find all the courses you need to succeed in your goals, and they claim that 99.6% of people who take their courses pass the first time around. This is huge, because it means the content is easy to understand and attainable for you, so you won’t have to worry about wasting valuable time and money on courses that you may not grasp. Further, all their courses are self-paced, meaning you can literally log on and take courses when you have time, without a set schedule. If only college was like that, am I right? This makes it easy to work around your busy schedule and start working towards that goal. They offer a 30-day money back guarantee, so if at any time during your first month you feel dissatisfied or have decided that this is not the track for you, then it’s a hassle-free process to get out of the commitment.
Master of Project Academy offers 15 categories of courses, so you can really customize your course experience and learn what you need. The categories (with short descriptions) are:
– Project Management – This category will give you the basic needs to know, which will help you move forward in your career.
– PMP – Project management professional is a title that anyone who wants to get a career in project management needs. This title is very prestigious and is recognized globally.
– Agile and Scrum – There are both project management tools. You will learn about managing software development.
– CAPM (Capital Asset Pricing Model) – This helps investors determine the appropriate price of an asset.
– Cisco Certification – Cisco is complicated for any newbie, so these courses are essential for people getting involved in the computer tech world. Cisco courses will aid in your understanding of the internet of things, networking hardware, and give you insights into the tech market.
– Cyber Security – This one is what it sounds like, keeping all your online data safe.
– Free Courses – Not sure if the whole Project Management online class thing is for you? Try some free courses to test it out without the financial commitment.
– Interview Simulation – This one is also what it sounds like. You can take these courses to learn the ins and outs of interviews, so you’ll nail your next one, and pick up some pointers when you need to interview others.
– IT Certification – IT means information technology, so these courses will give you all the information you need to know to excel in technology!
– ITIL Foundation – ITIL stands for Information Technology Infrastructure Library
– IT Service Management – To learn more about IT, you will want to take courses surrounding IT Service Management, as it will train you to lead a force of IT personnel.
– Microsoft Project – Learn all the Ins and Outs of Microsoft products. This is such an essential skill to have for any job!
– Prince2 – Prince stands for Projects In Controlled Environments and will teach you about quality control with your projects.
– Quality Management – Again, self-explanatory, but also again, will help you develop the basic skills needed for project management jobs.
– Six Sigma – To excel at process improvement, Six Sigmas is the road for you. Becoming certified in Six Sigma is highly valued on resumes and will help with your strategy.
Developing the Best Course Sequence for You
The benefit of taking classes online is that you can pick and choose what you need to fit your personal goals. However, the negative of this is you may miss some essential courses that could really boost your career options, so how do you decide which courses to take and which courses to skip? There’s no right answer here, and there’s no easy solution. To figure out what courses would be best for you, you need to refer back to the goals you wrote down earlier. It’s easy to write goals down, but obtaining them is the hard part. Before signing up for your first class, it would be wise to research those goals and find out what it takes to accomplish them.
I know you’re eager to jump into your first course and start learning, but it will save you an enormous amount of time if you go into courses with a plan and to get a plan, you must research. Luckily, this is 2018 and there is a vast supply of knowledge on a little thing called the internet. I guarantee someone else has been in your shows and then wrote about it online somewhere. Try typing in, “Courses to take when becoming XYZ,” or “What certifications do I need to become XYZ.” You’ve found this article, so I’m sure you can also find more information on what specifically you’d like to accomplish. This article serves as a starting point, a general outline when you’re toying with the idea of gaining education to accomplish a goal.
Now I leave you to go on and do your research and develop your own course schedule. If you are like most people, you’ve probably skimmed past the article for the conclusion, hoping to get some concise information right at the end. Project Management is XYZ, and whether you’re already in the industry wanting more education, or hoping to break into the industry, there are project management classes online to help you achieve that goal. Again, I can’t emphasize enough that it’s important to first comprise a goal as to why you want to go through online classes. If you’ve read this entire article this will be repetitive, but I must hammer this point home. Time is precious, especially in today’s career world.